Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington scores two in each half to breeze past Thomas College in the North Atlantic Conference quarterfinals on Saturday afternoon on Bob Leib Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Leah Stevens got the Beavers on the board early after Emily Boyle had a corner kick that found Stevens on the other side of the box for a wide-open goal.
- 24 seconds later, McKenna Brodeur scored with Haley Fletcher on the assist to give the Beavers an early 2-0 lead.
- Katherine Hoving got the Terriers on the board late in the first half to cut the lead to one for the Beavers.
- Mid-way through the second half, Brodeur scored her second goal of the game on a breakaway followed up with her third goal of the game with Fletcher on the assist for a 4-1 victory.
- Callie Hammer made five saves on the day as Isabelle Lang made seven saves on 10 shots.
The Beavers will play Husson in the semi-finals on Friday, November 8th.