LYNDONVILLE, VT - UMaine-Farmington women's soccer team scored early and often and outran NVU-Lyndon 8-0 in both teams season finale. Sophomore Haley Fletcher notched her second hat trick of the season with three goals, Junior McKenna Brodeur added a pair and first-year Emily Larochelle scored twice.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brodeur got UMF on the board first scoring unassisted in the sixth minute of the first half.
- Fletcher scored the first of her three goals in the 32nd minute, assisted by Brodeur.
- UMF would hold a 2-0 lead at halftime.
- Fletcher scored twice in the second half and Brodeur added her second goal.
- Larochelle scored twice in the second half with Fern Calkins assisting on the first and Fletcher and Libby Ouellette assisting on the second.
- UMF added a team goal in the 90th minute to finish the scoring
INSIDE THE BOX
- UMF held the advantage in shots 25-9 and on corner kicks 5-0.
- Junior Callie Hammer saved two shots in 45 minutes and Chelsea Davis had two saves in 45 minutes.
- Victoria McCormick saved 9 shots on 17 shots on goal for the Hornets and was tabbed with the loss.
UP NEXT FOR THE BEAVERS
UMF will wait for the North Atlantic Conference to announce the playoff pairings. Quarterfinal games will be held Saturday, November 2nd or Sunday, November 3rd.