Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team finished their non-conference schedule of the year with a 3-2 overtime loss to Colby College on Wednesday afternoon at Bill Alfond Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McKenna Brodeur got the Beavers on the board early in the opening 10 minutes after a break-away for a 1-0 lead.
- Mannon Frykholm tied the game in the first six minutes of the second half after Kerrie Verbeek passed one into the box to tie the game at one.
- About 18 minutes later, Olivia Siegel scored to give the Mules a 2-1 lead.
- Brodeur tied the game at two in the closing minute to send the game to overtime.
- Verbeek scored the golden goal 25 seconds into overtime to give the Mules the 3-2 victory.
- Callie Hammer made 20 saves in the 61 minutes of work while Chelsea Davis made seven saves in the 29 minutes of work.
- The Mules split time in net as Ashley Boardman saw one shot and gave up one goal. Shannon Gray also saw one shot and gave up one goal.
The Beavers will be on the road on Saturday to face off against NVU-Johnson for a 3:30 PM start time.