Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team was edged out by Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Sunday afternoon by a final score of 4-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McKenzie Murphy scored the first goal of the game early on a threw ball from Kayla Gooch to give the Monks and early 1-0 lead.
- Madison Michaud scored the second goal for the Monks after beating Callie Hammer to the right with Samantha Colatruglio on the assist.
- McKenna Brodeur put the Beavers on the board late in the first half after Fern Calkins sent one down the middle of the field and Brodeur beat the keeper to the right side.
- Ashley Emery and Hannah Butler rounded out the scoring for the Monks for the 4-1 final.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Monks outshot the Beavers 31 to nine on the day along with nine corner kicks to the Beavers two.
- Callie Hammer started in goal, making seven saves on 11 shots while Chelsea Davis made five saves.
- Adia Grogan made five saves for the Monks.
The Beavers will host Eastern Nazarene on Wednesday at 4:00 PM