FARMINGTON, Maine - Sophomore McKenna Brodeur scored three goals and assisted on another to lead the University of Maine at Farmington women's soccer to a 5-0 victory over Nothern Vermont University-Johnson on Saturday. With the win, UMF advances in the North Atlantic Conference(NAC) playoffs and will face the number two seed Mariners of Maine Maritime on Saturday, Nov. 3rd.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brodeur opened the game scoring an unassisted goal just under three minutes in
- Lydia Roy set-up Brodeur's second goal of the game with a nifty feed in the circle
- Sophomore Fern Calkins scored on an assist from Brodeur that sent UMF into halftime with a commanding 3-0 lead.
- Junior Ashley Gleason added a second-half goal and Brodeur completed the hat trick to round out the scoring for UMF
INSIDE THE BOX
- UMF dominated the shots with a 35-0 advantage
- The Beavers held a 9-1 advantage in corners
- With the three goals, Brodeur now has 19 on the year
- Sophomore goalie Callie Hammer picked up her fourth win of the year
UMF will advance to the semifinal round being played at Thomas College. The Beavers will play the number two seed Maine Maritime on Saturday, November 3rd starting at 3:30 pm.