Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team fell to Colby College on Wednesday afternoon by a final score of 9-1 on Bob Leib Field.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers were outshot 36 to five on the afternoon as the Callie Hammer made 12 saves to the Mules three.
- The Mules took seven corner kicks as the Beavers took one in the first half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sarah Lofstrom started the scoring for the Mules with an assist to Juliette Nadeau followed by another goal from Lofstrom five minutes later.
- Katherine Gillespie made the score 3-0 at the 22-minute mark after an open look from the 18-yard box.
- McKenna Brodeur got the Beavers on the board with an assist to Ashley Gleason followed by a goal for the Mules by Alessandra Marciano to make it 4-1 at the half.
- Charlotte White opened the second half with an unassisted goal two minutes into the half followed by Lindsay Ayers a minute later to make the score 6-1.
- Mannon Frykholm took a shot from about 30 yards out that just made it inside the right post followed by Hallie Schwartzman to make the score 8-1.
- Marciano scored late in the second half to close out the game for the Mules.
The Beavers will be on the road this Saturday against UMaine-Presque Isle for a 12:00 PM start.