Standish, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team dropped a non-conference game against Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Monday afternoon by a final score of 4-2.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers were outshot 25 to six on the day while the Beavers had nine saves to the Monks one.
- The Monks took 14 corner kicks with eight in the second half as the Beavers took one corner kicks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Haley Fletcher scored the first goal of the game in the opening two minutes. Colleen Sheehan scored about a minute and a half later to tie the game at one.
- Two minutes later, Haley DeGraca scored with an assist to McKenzie Murphy.
- Kayla Gooch scored at the 27th minute to give the Monks a 3-1 lead going into halftime.
- DeGraca scored about 15 minutes into the second half while McKenna Brodeur scored at the 66th minute for a 4-2 final.
UMaine-Farmington is back in action Saturday when they travel to Northern Vermont-Johnson for a 1:00 PM North Atlantic Conference (NAC) game. Saint Joseph's is set to host Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) rival Emmanuel College at 6:00 PM on Wednesday.