Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team played a tight match into double overtime against the Huskies of University of Southern Maine in the rain on Tuesday afternoon with a final score of 5-4.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers were outshot 31 to 14 on the day despite having a tied game at the end of 90 minutes.
- The Beavers had 15 saves while the Huskies made seven.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- UMF got out to an early lead after McKenna Brodeur scored off an assist from Adriana Novella and Haley Fletcher.
- Four minutes later, Adela Kalilwa scored for the Huskies off an assist from Sarah Michaud followed by Abigail Mazza who scored off an assist from Ciera Berthiaume.
- The Beavers bounced back with two goals in five minutes from Haley Fletcher and McKenna Brodeur to take a 3-2 lead into the half.
- Adela Kalilwa and Ciera Berthiaume each scored for the Huskies in the opening five minutes for the Huskies to give USM a 4-3 lead.
- McKenna Brodeur tied the game back up at the 56th minute.
- Abigail Mazza scored the game-winning goal in the 108th minute to give the Huskies a 5-4 victory.
The Beavers will host SUNY Canton on Saturday for senior day at 1:00 PM.