Feb 17, 2018
Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington women's basketball team lost to Maine Maritime in the final game of the season for the Beavers by a score of 79-64 in Dearborn Gymnasium.
IN THE BOX
- The Beavers started four seniors on the day for senior day, Cheyenne Mallow led the seniors with nine points while Jenessa Talarico and Emma Duggan each added five points.
- McKenna Brodeur added 11 points to go along with six rebounds and two blocks while Haley Felkel also added 22 points and seven rebounds.
- Morgan Crocker added 11 points on 3-9 shooting and 4-5 at the free throw line.
- Melinda Ogden led all scorers with 20 points after hitting five three-pointers and finished 7-13 from the floor.
- Alayne Felix finished with 18 points as she also shot 7-13 from the floor.
BY THE NUMBERS
- UMF shot 40% from the floor (20-50), 33.3% from behind the arc (6-18) and 73.9% at the free throw line (17-23). The Beavers notched 32 rebounds, 12 assists, four steals and five blocks on the day.
- The Mariners shot 41.2% from the floor (28-68), 36.4% from behind the arc (8-22) and 65.2% at the free throw line. Maine Maritime added 42 rebounds, 17 assists, eight steals and one block while forcing 22 turnovers.