Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington women's basketball team lost to Castleton University on Saturday afternoon by a score of 63-48.
IN THE BOX
- Cheyenne Malloy and McKenna Brodeur led the Beavers in scoring with 10 points each. Malloy went 3-5 from behind the arc and hit a free throw. Brodeur went 5-14 from the floor with five rebounds, one assist and two steals.
- Jenessa Talarico finished the day with five points and 10 assists while Morgan Crocker finished with eight points.
- Amanda Beatty led all scorers with 20 points on 8-21 shooting and 4-5 from the free throw line. Beatty also notched a double-double with 10 rebounds.
- Makayla Farrara finished with 19 points with five shots from the floor and eight free throws.
- Emilee Bose added nine points after coming in off the bench to go along with seven rebounds.
BY THE NUMBERS
- UMF shot 37.5% from the floor (18-48), 45.5% from behind the arc (5-11) and finished 7-13 at the free throw line. The Beavers notched 25 rebounds, 13 assists, and five steals.
- The Spartans shot 38.3% from the floor (23-60), 30.8% from three-point land (4-13) and 86.7% at the free throw line (13-15). Castleton tallied 42 rebounds, 18 assists, nine steals and three blocks.
The Beavers will be back in action on Wednesday as they head to Bangor to face Husson at 5:30 PM.