FARMINGTON, MAINE – UMaine-Farmington women's basketball team falls to Saint Joseph's College on Tuesday night by a score of 84-57 in the Beavers home opener.
IN THE BOX
- Morgan Crocker led the way for the Beavers with 15 points on 6-16 from the floor with three free throws. Crocker added three rebounds and three assists.
- McKenna Brodeur added 12 points on 5-12 shooting with two free throws, two assists, one steal and one block.
- Adlin Chaparin and Sara Lamb each added seven points off the bench.
- Regan McFerran led the Monks with 20 points and 10 rebounds on 6-9 shooting and 4-6 from behind the arc.
- Kelsi McNamara added 18 points on 9-17 from the floor with seven assists while Julia Champagne added 13 points and seven rebounds.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers finished the game with a 38.9% shooting (21-54), 2-10 from behind the arc and 68.4% at the free throw line while the Monks finished with 43.2% shooting (32-74), 7-21 from behind the arc for a 33.3% and 13-16 at the free throw line for an 81.3%.
- The Beavers tallied 25 rebounds, 14 assists, five steals and three blocks while the Monks notched 51 rebounds, 12 assists, and seven steals.
The Beavers will be on the road on Tuesday, November 28th to start conference play against Maine Maritime, tip-off set for 5:30 pm.
Photography: Jeff Lamb