WATERVILLE, MAINE – UMaine-Farmington women's basketball team swims past Lesley College on Sunday afternoon by a score of 71-51 in the final game of the Thomas College Tip-off Classic.
The Beavers move to 2-0 overall while Lesley falls to 0-3 early in the 2017-18 season.
IN THE BOX
- McKenna Brodeur tied Theresa Pereira with 16 points. Brodeur was 6-17 shooting and 4-4 at the free throw line to go along with nine rebounds, two assists, and seven steals.
- Sara Lamb finished with 11 points off the bench on 4-8 shooting with two threes and six assists.
- Emilee Eustis finished with nine points on 2-3 from the field with five free throws while Paige Carter finished with eight points with seven rebounds.
- Theresa Pereira finished with 16 points for Lesley on 5-13 shooting with and 3-7 from behind the arc with three free throws.
- Linda Wallentine and Dakota Jones each had 10 points while Jones had a double-double with 14 rebounds. Wallentine finished with seven rebounds and three assists.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers finished the game with a 36.9% shooting (24-65), 35.7% from three-point land (5-14) and 75% at the free throw line (18-24). Lesley finished with a 30.3% from the floor (20-66), 35.3% from behind the arc (6-17) and 55.6% at the free throw line (5-9).
- The Beavers notched 43 rebounds, 16 assists, and 12 steals while Lesley had 50 rebounds, 12 assists and eight steals.
The Beavers will host Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Tuesday with tip-off set for 5:30 pm.