Newton, Mass. – UMaine-Farmington's softball team split a twin-bill with Lasell College on Friday afternoon in non-conference action with a loss in game one and a victory in game two.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game One (L, 5-3)
- Kailyn Hill started in the circle for the Beavers, going six innings, giving up seven hits with one earned run and one strikeout.
- Alyssa Dillan went 1-4 with three RBI and one hit with a home run Leah Stevens went 3-4.
- Hope Faulkingham went 3-4 at the plate as Makayla Wilson went 2-4 with a run.
- Hailey Haskins threw seven innings for the Lasers, giving up 13 hits with three earned runs and four strikeouts.
- Arianna Genovese went 1-3 with two RBI as Brianna Gendreau went 2-3 with one RBI.
- Nicolette Genkos went 2-2 with one run as Alexis Truesdale went 1-4 with two RBI.
Game Two (W, 9-1)
- Brianna McGrath went seven strong innings for the Beavers, giving up seven hits with one earned run and three strikeouts.
- Alyssa Dillan went 3-4 with three RBI and one run as Kayleigh Oberg went 1-3 with three RBI and run with one home run.
- Bailey Robbins went 1-3 with two RBI and one run while Leah Stevens went 2-4 with two runs
- Hannah Doherty threw three innings, giving up five hits with two earned runs as Nicolette Genkos threw four innings, giving up seven hits with four earned runs and four strikeouts.
- Bethany Hector went 2-3 with one RBI as Victoria Spellman went 1-3.
- Arianna Genovese went 1-3 alongside Brianna Gendreau went 1-2.
The Beavers will host the University of Maine at Presque Isle on Sunday for a doubleheader starting at 3:00 PM.