Posted: Apr 14, 2019
Waterville, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's softball team swept a twin bill against Colby College on Sunday afternoon in non-conference action.
Game One (W, 3-0)
- Kailyn Hill notched the win for the Beavers, throwing seven strong innings, giving up just five hits with seven strikeouts.
- Haley Holt led the Beavers with two RBI after a long home run to left field as Callie Hammer notched the other RBI with a base knock to left field.
- Alyssa Dillan went 2-3 with two runs at the plate as Leah Stevens went 1-3.
- Ashley Ketchum and Paige Bober each went 1-3 as Lolo Niemiec went 1-3 with a strikeout.
- Emilly Dougherty and Carly Swartz rounded out the Mules hitters, each with one hit.
Game Two (W, 7-3)
- Brianna McGrath threw seven innings for the Beavers, giving up eight hits and three earned runs with three strikeouts. Holly Lallis threw 3.1 innings for the Mules, giving up four runs with three strikeouts. Lucie Cunningham threw two-thirds of an inning, giving up two runs as Wiley Holton threw the final two innings, giving up one run.
- Bailey Robbins went 3-4 at the plate as Haley Holt went 1-1 with two RBI.
- Kailyn Hill went 2-3 at the plate with one RBI on a bunt with the bases loaded as Makayla Wilson and Leah Stevens each went 1-4 with one RBI.
- Paige Bober went 2-4 with two RBI for the Mules as Lolo Niemiec went 1-4 with one RBI and a run.