Waterville, Maine – UMaine-Farmington opened the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) season with a twin-bill against Thomas College on Saturday afternoon on the campus of Colby College.
Game One (L, 7-0)
- Brianna McGrath started on the mound for the Beavers, going six innings, giving up eight hits, three earned runs with nine strikeouts.
- Leah Stevens went 1-3 at the plate as Kayleigh Oberg also went 1-3. Makayla Wilson went 1-2 at the dish for the Beavers.
- Katlyn Coulter notched the win for the Terriers after throwing seven innings, giving up just three hits and six strikeouts.
- Lexi Colpack went 2-4 with one RBI and two runs as Anna Piirainen went 1-2 with an RBI and a run.
- Katlyn Coulter went 2-3 with an RBI as Katie Taylor went 1-3 with a run and an RBI.
Game Two (L, 5-0)
- Kailyn Hill threw six innings or the Beavers, giving up nine hits with two earned runs.
- Karen Flaherty notched the lone hit for the Beavers.
- Kelsey Currier threw all seven innings, giving up one hit with six strikeouts.
- Lexi Colpack went 2-4 with a run as Lauren Guppy went 2-4 with one run.
- Sydney LeBourveau went 2-3 at the plate with two RBI for the Terriers.
The Beavers will host SUNY Canton tomorrow in Lewiston starting at 12:00 PM.