Posted: Mar 20, 2019
Clermont, Fla. – UMaine-Farmington's softball team split a doubleheader today with an 8-4 loss in game one to St. Lawrence and a 2-0 victory over Nichols in game two.
Game One (L, 8-4)
- Kailyn Hill started on the mound for the Beavers, going seven innings, giving up 15 hits with six earned runs while striking out five.
- Kayleigh Oberg led the Beavers in hitting after going 2-4 at the plate with one RBI as Haley Holt went 1-3 with two runs on the day.
- Alyssa Dillan and Kailyn Hill each knocked in an RBI.
- McKailey Lyndaker threw 4.1 innings for St. Lawrence giving up four hits and two earned runs with four strikeouts while Caroline Young went 2.2 innings giving up two hits.
- Angelina Carney went 3-5 at the plate alongside Lyndaker who also went 3-5 with a run.
- Skylar Hein went 2-5 with two RBI's and one run as Taylor Armijo went 2-5 with an RBI and a run.
Game Two (W, 2-0)
- Brianna McGrath picks up her second win of the season against Nichols after throwing seven strong shutout innings and striking out seven.
- Makayla Wilson notched two hits on the day while Broghan Gagnon and Haley Holt each had one hit.
- Bailey Robbins went 1-2 with one RBI and one run with a home run.
- Alexis Ferris threw seven innings for Nichols, giving up five hits and one earned run with nine strikeouts.
- Jessica Kuelling went 2-3 at the plate while Katrina Valeri went 1-3.
- Callie Andrews picked up the other hit for Nichols.