Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Lyndonville, Vt. – UMaine-Farmington close out the regular season with a 3-0 victory over NVU-Lyndon on Tuesday afternoon on Varsity Athletic Field in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jon Randolph opens the scoring for the Beavers with a quick goal in the opening 15 minutes with Sawyer Deroche on the assist.
- Late in the first half, Nick Marshall made the score 2-0 following a scramble in front of the Lyndon goal.
- Jimmy Pelletier converted Thomas Dupuy's corner kick in the 68th minute to complete the scoring.
- UMaine-Farmington outshot Lyndon 23-8 and held a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks. The Beavers also controlled the ball throughout much of the contest, as they held a 60%-40% advantage in possession.
- Jacob Statires made four saves on four shots for the Beavers as Caleb Derbyshire made four saves on seven shots for the Hornets.