BANGOR, Maine - Junior Andrew Longhurst scored early in the first half to give the University of Maine at Farmington men's soccer team an early 1-0 lead. The lead lasted through the first half and much of the second half but unfortunately, Husson would slip past UMF and take the North Atlantic Conference victory to advance to the semifinals. With the loss, UMF's season comes to a close for 2018.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Longhurst scored in the seventh minute unassisted for the early 1-0 lead.
- Even though being outshot 8-3 in the first half, UMF still lead at halftime.
- Rod Ghanayem tied the game at one in the 62nd minute.
- Alcaro Valls scored the game-winner in the 75th minute, Paxton Oversmith was credited with the assist
INSIDE THE BOX
- Husson outshot UMF 23-6 and held a 13-1 advantage in corners.
- UMF Senior Matt Wilson made eight saves to keep the Eagles at bay.
- The goal for Longhurst was his third on the year.