Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's men's soccer team closed out the regular season on Tuesday afternoon with a 6-0 victory over Northern Vermont University-Lyndon in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action on Bob Leib Field.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers outshot the Hornets 19-3 with seven corner kicks for the Beavers.
- The Hornets made eight saves on the day as the Beavers made two.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hunter Michaud got the Beavers on the board early after Nate Campbell passed one into the box to find Michaud who found the back of the net.
- Andrew Longhurst scored three minutes later after a corner from Tristan Price followed by another corner by Price which Ilyas Abdi found the back of the net.
- Sawyer Deroche scored the fourth goal for the Beavers late in the first half.
- Yusuf Mohamed opened the second half with an early goal while Abdi scored the sixth goal midway through the second half to close out the game.