JOHNSON, Vt. – UMaine-Farmington's men's soccer dropped a tough contest by a final score of 4-3 to Northern Vermont-Johnson in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers outshot the Badgers 14-11 on the day but fell short in overtime 2-0 in the shot column. Johnson made nine saves on the day to the Beavers four.
- UMF took eight corner kicks as the Badgers took two.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hunter Michaud got the Beavers on the board early in the opening 10 minutes on a pass from Tristan Price.
- Ilyas Abdi scored the next goal for the Beavers about 10 minutes later followed by Michaud for this second goal of the game.
- Wyatt Moberg got the Badgers on the board in the opening minute of the second half with Daniel Arrola on the assist.
- The Badgers scored their second goal on a miss by the Beavers defense followed by Rob Buonanno who tied the game up in the 88th minute.
- Buonanno scored the game-winner two minutes into overtime to propel the Badgers over the Beavers.
The Beavers will travel to Castleton tomorrow for a 3:30 PM start against the Spartans.