Farmington, Maine – Maine Maritime squeaks past UMaine-Farmington on Saturday afternoon by a final score of 2-1 in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action on Bob Leib Field.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Shots were close in the game with the Mariners taking 14 and the Beavers taking 12 shots while each team had one corner kick.
- Beavers goalkeeper Matthew Wilson made five saves on the day while Joshua Reeks made three saves.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Yusuf Mohamed scored the opening goal for the Beavers just four minutes into the game with the assist going to Biwe Aden.
- Matthew Caron scored off a penalty kick at the 37:34 minute-mark to even the score at one.
- Midway through the second half, Caron scored his second goal of the game after Dalton Moore passed one into the box to give the Mariners the 2-1 victory.
The Beavers are back in action on Saturday, September 22nd against Husson University for a 3:30 PM start.