Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington picks up their first win early in the season with a 2-1 victory over Becker College on Leib Field on Sunday afternoon.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers outshot the Hawks 14-9 while each team had six saves. Becker had four corners in the first half to UMF's one. The Second half, UMF had three for a total of four corner kicks to Beckers five.
- Michael Pingree picked up the win for the Beavers after seeing six shots on goal and making five saves. Marco De Lauri started in goal for the Hawks, seeing six shots and making four saves. Sam Majewski came in mid-way through the second half, seeing one shot and making one save.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ethan Cooper had three shots on goal with one goal while Aden Biwe had one goal on five shots.
- Yusuf Mohamed and Nate Campbell each picked up an assist while Andrew Longhurst had one shot.
- Jakob Franklin scored the lone goal for the Hawks on a penalty kick while Ryan Jacksin and Siedon Nemeth each had two shots.
The Beavers will be back in action on Wednesday as they are on the road against Bates at 8:00 PM.