FARMINGTON, Maine - UMaine-Farmington field hockey scored two goals in the second half to take their NECC contest with Husson University 2-0. Junior Alex Bessey scored off a scramble in the third quarter and then added another goal in the fourth. With the win, UMF improves to 3-10 overall and 3-1 in the NECC, Husson drops to 5-5 overall and 2-1 in the NECC.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team could score in the first half as UMF controlled the action throughout, outshooting Husson 7-0.
- Bessey scored her first goal in the 34th minute off a scramble in front of the cage.
- UMF added the insurance goal in the fourth, sophomore midfielder Gracie Foss attacked down the right side and directed a pass into the circle to Bessey who blasted it by the goalie.
- Husson had a couple of good opportunities to score in the fourth but UMF's defense was able to turn them away each time.
INSIDE THE BOX
- UMF held the advantage in shots 10-4 and penalty corners 10-5
- First-year goalie Katelyn Rouleau didn't record a save in earning her third win of the season.
- Kimmie Goddard had six saves and was tabbed with the loss.
UMF will take to the road again, traveling to New England College on Saturday, October 19th for a 1 pm start.