LEICESTER, Mass. - UMaine-Farmington field hockey scored four times in the third quarter to break open a close game and held on for a 6-3 win over Becker College. Junior Kasey Talarico scored two goals and assisted on two others to lead the Beavers. With the win, UMF improves to 2-0 in the New England Collegiate Conference, Becker drops to 0-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Becker took a 1-0 lead early in the second quarter on an Amy Cooper goal.
- Talarico would score twice in a two-minute span to give UMF the lead.
- In the third quarter, UMF scored four times. Gracie Foss scored off an Alex Bessey pass and Abby Pomerleau scored assisted by Olivia Kunesh.
- Bessey and Kunesh added goals both assisted by Talarico.
- Becker scored on a penalty stroke by Kylia Kelly and Emily Iacovelli added a goal in the fourth.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Becker held the advantage in shots 16-13 with UMF holding the advantage in shots on goal 10-8.
- Becker had seven penalty corners to UMF's three.
- First-year goalie Katelyn Rouleau made five saves to pick up the win (2-5).
- Baileigh Griese was tabbed with the loss for Becker.
UMF will remain in Leicester, Mass. to play NECC member Manhattanville at Becker College with the game scheduled to start at 11:30 am.