STANDISH, Maine - UMaine-Farmington field hockey battled but came up short against Saint Joseph's 5-0. The loss drops the Beavers to 0-6 and with the win, the Monks improved to 6-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- St. Josephs scored two goals in the first quarter to jump to an early lead
- Emma Rutledge scored at 9:25 and Meghan Hill scored four minutes later for the Monks.
- Libby Pomerleau scored in the second quarter to give St. Joe's a 3-0 lead at the half.
- Alexa Gutowski added two goals in the third for the 5-0 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Junior Kasey Talarico and Alex Bessey both had three shots on goal to lead the Beavers.
- Katelyn Rouleau made nine saves on 14 shots for UMF
- Saint Josephs held a 20-7 advantage in shots and 11-7 advantage in penalty corners
UMF will be back in action on Saturday, traveling to Husson University for a non-conference contest starting at 6 pm.