Bangor, Maine – Kyla Sturtevant and Emma Martineau each score within minutes of each other to help UMaine-Farmington battle Husson into overtime where Sadie Royer picked up her third goal of the game to help the Eagles win 3-2 in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) quarterfinals.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers outshot the Eagles 16-10 along with taking more penalty corners (9-5).
- Grace DiMarco made two saves on the day as Andrea Shaggy made six saves on eight shots.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sadie Royer scored a hat trick for the Eagles with her first goal at the 12:59 mark to give Husson the early lead.
- Kyla Sturtevant scored first for the Beavers with Andrea Stemm on the assist to tie the game at one.
- Emma Martineau scored two minutes later to give the Beavers a 2-1 lead as Stemm assisted on the play.
- Royer scored her second goal late in the first half to tie the game at two while scoring her third goal in overtime to help the Eagles reach the NAC semifinals with a 3-2 victory.