Brunswick, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's field hockey team dropped a non-conference match against Bowdoin on Tuesday night by a final score of 7-1.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Bowdoin took 37 shots on the night while the Beavers took three. UMF had three penalty corners as the Polar Bears had nine.
- The Beavers made 18 saves as the Polar Bears made one.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Abby Bashaw scored the first goal four minutes into the game with Emma Stevens on the assist. Elizabeth Growney scored the second goal four minutes later.
- Emma Stevens scored the next two goals for the Polar Bears with the assists to Kara Finnerty and Elizabeth Bennewitz on the assist.
- Jamie Margiotta scored the fifth goal as Manveer Sandhu assisted on the play while Claudia Kriz scored less than a minute later with Jamie Margiotta assisting.
- Krizz scored the lone goal of the second half for the Polar Bears with Laura Cooper assisting on the play.
- The Beavers converted on a penalty corner with 6:04 to play. Torrie Nightingale inserted to Emma Martineau who aerialed a shot up and over the Bowdoin defense.
The Beavers will be on the road this weekend against Elms on Saturday for a 3:00 PM start.