Waltham, Mass. – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team dropped a doubleheader on Saturday in non-conference action against Lasell.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game One (L, 3-1)
- Ryan Pratt started on the mound, going six innings, giving up seven hits with three earned runs while striking out four.
- Kevin Carter notched the RBI for the Beavers as Chase Malloy went 2-4 at the plate.
- Lorenzo Davis threw seven innings for the Lasers, giving up six hits and one earned run with two strikeouts.
- Chris Maringo went 1-3 with two RBI as Andre Marchesseault went 2-3 with one RBI and run.
Game Two (L, 13-4)
- Hunter Bolduc threw five innings for the Beavers, giving up 12 hits and eight earned runs with five strikeouts.
- Nathan Poulin threw one inning, giving up one hit and one earned run with two strikeouts.
- Jake Bessey went 2-4 with two RBI for the Beavers while Derek Bowen notched an RBI as well.
- Troy Johnson went 2-3 at the plate as Kevin Carter and Hunter LaBossiere each tallied one hit.
- Justin Webb notched the win for the Lasers after throwing 2.2 innings with two strikeouts as Chris O'Connor threw an innings, giving up one hit with two strikeouts.
- Joe Sullivan went 3-3 with three RBI and a run as David Marsell went 2-4 with two RBI and two runs.
- Zach Herring went 1-2 with two RBI alongside Wyatt Sihvonen who also notched two RBI.
The Beavers will travel to Colby-Sawyer for a doubleheader tomorrow with first pitch scheduled for 12:00 PM.