Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team dropped a doubleheader against Thomas College on Tuesday afternoon to close out North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action this season for the Beavers.
Game One (L, 5-2)
- Gavin Arsenault started on the mound for the Beavers, going nine innings, giving up eight hits and two earned runs with seven strikeouts. Justin Rodrigue threw two innings, giving up five hits and three earned runs and one strikeout.
- Derek Bowen went 1-4 with one RBI and one run as Chase Malloy went 2-5 with one run.
- Kevin Carter went 1-4 with an RBI for the Beavers.
- Ryan Scepansky threw eight innings for the Terriers, giving up three hits with one earned run and three strikeouts. Darren Kelly went three innings, giving up two hits and one earned run.
- Tyler Gee went 2-6 at the plate with two RBI as Bradly Smith went 2-4 with two RBI and two runs.
- Darren Kell went 3-4 with two RBI as Nick Begley went 2-4 with one run.
Game Two (L, 8-5)
- Brice Springer started on the mound for the Beavers, going six strong innings, giving up nine hits and four earned runs. Ryan Pratt threw a third of an inning, giving up three hits and three earned runs as Kevin Carter closed out the game for the Beavers.
- Derek Bowen went 3-4 with four RBI and one run as Zach Hartsgrove went 1-2 with an RBI and a run.
- Chase Malloy went 1-4 with two runs as Jake Bessey went 1-3 for the Beavers.
- Cody Cousins threw 5.1 innings for the Terriers, giving up six hits and four earned runs with five strikeouts. Alic Shorey threw 1.2 innings to pick up his first win of the year with one strikeout.
- Ryan Kappelmann went 2-4 with two RBI and one run as Darren Kelly went 1-4 with one RBI.
- John Villanueva went 2-2 with one RBI alongside Nicholas Cousins who went 1-1 with an RBI and a run.
The Beavers will travel to Bates on Thursday for a 4:00 PM start.