Nashua, N.H. – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team dropped a North Atlantic Conference (NAC) doubleheader against NVU-Lyndon on Saturday afternoon.
Game One (L, 5-3)
- Kevin Carter went 2-3 at the plate with two RBI with Justin Rodrigue went 1-4 and one RBI.
- Jake Bessey, Chase Malloy and Derek Bowen each notched one run for the Beavers.
- Gavin Arsenault threw 5.2 innings, giving up 10 hits and five earned runs with two walks and seven strikeouts, reaching the milestone of 100 career strikeouts.
- Tyler Davis started on the mound for the Hornets, going five innings, giving up four hits while striking out seven, John Boulay threw two innings, giving up three hits and three runs with three strikeouts.
- Ben Rollins went 3-4 at the plate with two RBI as Tucker Root went 2-3 with two RBI and one run.
- Noah Barton went 1-3 with one RBI and one run as Jason Doris, Caleb Laroche, and Ryder Thornton each notched one run.
Game Two (L, 11-4)
- Ryan Pratt started on the mound, throwing 3.1 innings, giving up seven hits and six earned runs with four strikeouts. Kevin Carter threw an inning and two-thirds, giving up six hits and two earned runs. Patrick Fallon finished the game for the Beavers, throwing one inning.
- Chase Malloy went 1-3 at the plate with two RBI as Derek Bowen went 3-4 with two RBI.
- Hunter LaBossiere, Zach Hartsgrove, Ryan Simard, and Jake Bessey each tallied a hit on the day.
- Matt Page started for the Hornets, throwing four innings, giving up six hits and four earned runs. Matt Tritto threw two innings as Cooper Whitehouse closed out the game.
- Zak Johnson went 2-5 with four RBI as Tucker Root went 3-4 with two RBI and three runs.
- Noah Barton went 3-4 with one RBI and two runs alongside Sam Ognenoff went 2-4 with one run and one RBI.
The Beavers will travel to Bowdoin on Tuesday with first pitch set for 4:30 PM