Nashua, N.H. – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team split a doubleheader with NVU-Lyndon on Friday afternoon in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action.
Game One (W, 8-4)
- Cole Lockhart threw five innings giving up four hits and two earned runs with four strikeouts as Justin Rodrigue notched the save after throwing four innings with no hits.
- Jake Bessey went 1-4 with two RBI as Chas Malloy went 1-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Derek Bowen went 2-5 with an RBI alongside Zach Hartsgrove went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Ryan Simard also notched an RBI with two runs.
- Jake Jourdain threw seven innings, giving up 11 hits with eight runs, two earned runs with six strikeouts. John Boulay threw one innings as Tj Santaw threw the last inning.
- Jason Doris went 2-5 at the plate with three RBI as Zak Johnson went 1-4 with one RBI.
Game Two (L, 5-3)
- Brice Springer started on the mound for the Beavers, throwing 4.1 innings, giving up eight hits with five earned runs and two strikeouts as Patrick Fallon threw an inning and two-thirds with two hits.
- Chase Malloy went 2-4 at the plate as Derek Bowen notching one hit. Hunter LaBossiere went 2-3 with one run as Danny Terhune and Joshua Xanders each notched one RBI.
- James Mundy threw five innings for the Hornets, giving up seven hits with two earned runs as John Boulay threw two innings for the save.
- Tucker Root went 3-3 at the plate with three RBI as Noah Barton went 2-3 with one RBI.
The Beavers will play the Hornets tomorrow starting at 1:00 PM.