Posted: Mar 29, 2019
Bangor, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team split a doubleheader against Husson University on Friday afternoon at Alfond Diamond.
Game One (L, 19-5)
- Justin Rodrigue started on the mound for the Beavers, throwing 1.1 innings followed by Nathan Poulin who pitched 1.2 innings. Hunter Bolduc threw two innings as Troy Johnson, Patrick Fallon and Chase Malloy finished out the game.
- Justin Rodrigue went 1-3 with one RBI as Chase Malloy went 2-5 with an RBI and a run. Derek Bowen went 2-5 with one RBI as Joshua Xanders went 2-5 with one RBI.
- Ryan Allender went seven innings for the Eagles, giving up 11 hits and three earned runs with five strikeouts.
- Conor Maguire went 2-5 with four RBI's as David LeBlanc went 1-3 with two RBI's and two runs.
- Ethan Stoddard went 2-4 with two RBI's and two runs while Nolan Brown went 1-2 with two RBI's and two runs.
Game Two (W, 5-1)
- Brice Springer threw seven strong innings for the Beavers, giving up just two hits with one earned run with four strikeouts.
- Jake Bessey went 1-2 at the plate with three RBI's and one run while Chase Malloy went 1-2 with an RBI.
- Danny Turhune went 1-2 with the other RBI.
- Alex Brooks went four innings for the Eagles, giving up eight hits and five earned runs.
- Luke Covey and Alex Chapman each tallied a hit for the Eagles.