Posted: Mar 19, 2019
Clermont, Fla. – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team split a doubleheader with Minn. Morris on Tuesday afternoon with a win in game one and a loss in game two.
Game One (W, 8-6)
- Justin Rodrigue started on the mound the for the Beavers, going six innings and giving up six hits with four earned runs while striking out five. Kevin Carter notched the save after one inning of work with one strikeout.
- Jake Bessey went 1-4 with two RBI's as Derek Bowen went 2-4 with a run.
- Kevin Carter went 1-4 at the plate with two runs while Chase Malloy went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Nathen Carlin went 2.1 innings, giving up four hits with four earned runs. Rhys Morris went 2.2 innings, giving up two runs as Tyler Carper went one inning.
- Blaise Fairbanks went 3-4 with one RBI as Brady Jergenson went 2-2 with an RBI.
- Alex Baumann notched two RBI's as Nash Kramer went 1-2 on the day.
Game Two (L, 5-3)
- Brice Springer started on the mound for the Beavers, going 5.1 innings, giving up seven hits with four earned runs while picking up his first career strikeout for the Beavers.
- Cole Lockhart also picked up his first career strikeout after pitching two-thirds of an inning.
- Jake Bessey, Ryan Pratt, Derek Bown, Hunter LaBossiere, and Danny Terhune each notched a hit for the Beavers.
- Derek Bowen went 1-3 with an RBI as Chase Malloy notched an RBI.
- Brian Vanyo went six innings for Morris, giving up four hits and two earned runs as Joe Wehr notched the save.
- Josh Doss went 2-2 for Morris with one RBI as Ale Baumann went 3-3 with three RBI's on the day.
- Nick Peterson and Thomas Eckstein each notched a hit.