May 05, 2018
Castleton, Vt. – UMaine-Farmington fell out of the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) playoffs on Saturday afternoon with two losses on the day.
Game One (L, 9-2) vs Castleton
- Nate Pushard started on the mound for the Beavers, going five innings, giving up eight hits and four runs with three strikeouts. Ryan Pratt recorded two outs, giving up four hits, three runs with one walk while Brett Elliot recorded the last out. Justin Rodrigue went one inning, Ethan Nash went two-thirds of an inning giving up one hit and one run as Nate Goodine closed out the game.
- The Beavers tallied six hits on the day with two hits from Jake Bessey along with Chase Malloy who also had two hits.
- Jimmy Pars went 1-4 with a run while Nick Attaliades-Ryan went 1-3 with a run.
- Mitchell Caron went 3-5 with two RBI's while Jonathan Lindau went 2-2 with three RBI's and three runs.
- Matt Braman went 1-3 with two RBI's and one run as Pat Mumford went 2-4 on the day.
- Joe Gratton threw all nine innings, giving up six hits, two runs with eight strikeouts.
Game Two (L, 12-0) vs New England College
- Gavin Arsenault went 3.2 innings, giving up six hits and six runs with five strikeouts. Justin Rodrigue went 1.1 inning, giving up four hits and two earned runs. Brett Elliot came in for two innings, giving up two hits and one run. Riley Chickering threw the last inning, giving up three runs on two hits with one strikeout.
- The Beavers tallied three hits on the day, Nick Attaliades-Ryan, Chase Malloy and Taylor Lockhart each tallied a hit.
- Christian Aybar went 3-5 with three RBI's while Xavier Nunez went 3-4 with three RBI's.
- Jameson Carey, Luis Atiles and John Prentice each tallied an RBI.
- Stanley Vargas went nine innings, giving up three hits and struck out 15 UMF batters.