Apr 08, 2018
Bridgton, Maine – UMaine-Farmington baseball team took on Castleton University on Sunday to finish the four-game series in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) play.
Game Two (L, 6-5)
- Nick Attaliades-Ryan and Kevin Carter led the Beavers in hitting with two hits each while Chase Malloy notched one hit with two RBI's.
- Tyler Flayhan went 1-3 with an RBI while Ryan Simard tallied a hit.
- Brett Elliot started on the mound, going 4.2 innings, giving up six hits, five runs with four strikeouts. Nate Goodine got the loss after giving up one run, one hit, and three walks. Kevin Carter closed out the game going 1.1 innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Davis Mikell went 2-3 with two runs for the Spartans while Alex Borsair went 1-2 with a run and an RBI.
- Zac Harrington went four innings, giving up six hits, two earned runs while Aaron Smith went three innings to pick up the win.
Game Three (L, 9-3)
- Jimmy Parks went 3-4 with an RBI while six other Beavers notched a hit.
- Chase Malloy went 1-3 with an RBI while Taylor Lockhart went 1-3 with a run and a walk.
- Riley Chickering starting on the mound going 5.2 innings, giving up seven hits, nine runs with four walks. Ethan Nash went a third of an inning.
- Jonathan Lundau went 2-4 with two RBI's while Pat Mumford went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Garrett Moran (2-) went six innings, giving up nine hits and two earned runs. Aaron Smith closed out the game going one inning.
Game Four (W, 4-3)
- Four Beavers tallied an RBI in the 4-3 victory with Riley Bartell leading the way, going 2-3 with an RBI while Jimmy Parks, Nick Attaliades-Ryan and Riley Chickering each tallied an RBI.
- Justin Rodrigue went six innings, giving up three hits, three runs with seven strikeouts and walking four. Gavin Arsenault picked up the save, going one inning and striking out two.
- Davi Mikell went 2-4 on the day while Pat Mumford went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Charles Stapleford went three innings, giving up three hits and giving up two runs with three walks and four strikeouts. Aaron Smith threw for his third time in the day, going four innings, giving up three hits, two runs with one strikeout.