Standish, Maine – UMaine-Farmington dropped two non-conference games this Monday against Saint Joseph's College of Maine. Riley Chickering had a career day at the plate with two home runs.
Game One (L, 6-5)
- Riley Chickering led the Beavers in hitting after going 2-4 with four RBI's, two runs and two home runs.
- Taylor Lockhart went 2-4 with an RBI while Nick Attaliades-Ryan went 1-2 with a run and two walks.
- Brett Elliot went 5.2 innings, giving up six hits, five earned runs with four strikeouts and three walks. Justin Rodrigue went a third of an inning to close out the game.
- Anthony DiPrizio went 2-2 for the Monks with three RBI's and two runs while Noah McDaniel went 1-3 with a run and Will Martin went 1-1 with two RBI's.
- Luke Klenda was awarded the win after throwing four innings, giving up six hits, three runs, one earned with three strikeouts. Simon Gonzalez went two innings and Aaron Hall went on inning for the save despite giving up a two-run home run to Riley Chickering.
Game Two (L, 5-0)
- Nate Pushard, Ryan Simard, and Chase Malloy each tallied a hit, Malloy hit a double to left center.
- Kevin Carter started on the mound for the Beavers, going 4.1 innings, giving up six hits, five runs with four of them earned with three walks and two strikeouts. Nate Goodine and Ethan Nash closed out the game holding the Monks to three hits.
- Joey Murphy went 2-3 with an RBI while Jared Gagne went 1-2 with two runs and an RBI.
- Drew Healey, Will Martin, Dylan Fournier and Matthew Martinello all tallied a hit.
- Steven Albert started on the mound, allowing one hit and striking out six, Roderick Maynard went the next three innings, allowing one hit and also striking out six. Jonathan Marchia closed out the game, giving up one hit and striking out one.
The Beavers will be at Husson as the home team on Wednesday.