Bangor, Maine – UMaine-Farmington split with Husson University on Saturday afternoon after Kevin Carter explodes for five RBI's in game one as the Beavers won 8-5 and fell in game two 5-1 in North Atlantic Conference action.
Game One (W, 8-5)
- Kevin Carter went 2-3 with five RBI's and a game-winning home run in the top of the seventh to give the Beavers the 8-5 lead. Brett Elliot was awarded the save after going one inning, giving up one hit and striking out one.
- Nate Pushard went six innings, giving up five hits, five earned runs with five strikeouts while Nick Attaliades-Ryan went 2-3 with two runs and an RBI.
- Riley Chickering went 2-3 with two runs and an RBI.
- As a team, the Beavers tallied nine hits, seven RBI's and three walks.
- Stefen Strachan went 2-3 with a run and an RBI for Husson while Conor Maguire went 2-4 with a run.
- Jesse Colford started the game for the Eagles, going five innings, giving up six hits and four earned runs. Jacob Gauvin notched the loss after going one inning, giving up three hits and four earned runs.
Game Two (L, 5-1)
- Jimmy Parks went 2-3 for the Beavers in game two while Nick Attaliades-Ryan went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Kevin Carter added to his day with a hit while Riley Chickering threw 4.1 innings, giving up seven hits, four runs with two strikeouts. Justin Rodrigue went 1.2 innings, giving up two hits and one run.
- Luke Covey went 3-3 for Husson with three RBI's.
- Alex Chapman went 1-3 with two runs while Nick Guerrette went 1-4 with a run.
- Cody Collins went all seven, giving up four hits and one run while striking out five.