Auburndale, Fla. - UMaine-Farmington split their final doubleheader of the Florida trip against the Trailblazers of MCLA with a victory in game one (8-1) and a loss in game two (12-3).
Game One (W, 8-1)
IN THE BOX
- Chase Malloy and Jake Bessey led the Beavers in hits with two each. Malloy added an RBI and two runs.
- Kevin Carter went 1-4 with two RBI's and a run while Jimmy Parks added an RBI.
- Ryan Pratt (2-0) went seven strong innings, giving up only six hits and earned run with two strikeouts.
- The Trailblazers has six different players with hits, Ben Durland, Logan Rumbold, Jeff Bink, Bill Pulasky, Joe DiMassimo and Jake Ferrara.
- Pulasky had an RBI while Shawn James started on the mound, going a third of an inning, giving up five hits, seven runs, and one walk. Frank Rickus came in for the next five and two-third innings, giving up four hits and one run. Ryan Ruef finished the game for an inning of work, giving up one hit.
Game Two (L, 12-3)
- Chase Malloy went 2-3 with an RBI and a run while Tyler Flayhan went 1-2 with a run and a walk.
- Jimmy Parks, Taylor Lockhart and Jake Bessey each tallied a hit.
- Riley Chickering started on the mound, going 3.2 innings, giving up nine hits, seven runs, three earned runs with two walks and two strikeouts. Kevin Carter finished the game, giving up five hits, five runs with a walk and a strikeout.
- Bill Pulasky went 3-3 on the day with two RBI's while Jeff Bink went 5-5 with four RBI's and four runs.
- Logan Rumbolt went 2-4 with an RBI and three runs while Ben Durland went 1-2.
- Brendan Kelly started on the mound going 3.2 innings, giving up three hits, two runs and striking out four. Brandon Condon went 1.1 innings; Kody Crosier and Brody Farnum each went an inning.
The Beavers will be on the road next weekend as they travel to Mass. Maritime and Wentworth.