Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington men's basketball team won their ninth straight conference game on Senior Day against Maine Maritime by a final score of 85-66 in the last regular season game of the year in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC).
With the win, the Beavers lock down the fifth seed for the NAC tournament. The Beavers will travel to Thomas College on Tuesday for the first game of the NAC Tournament. Tip-off is TBA.
IN THE BOX
- Milani Hicks led all scorers with 22 points after shooting 7-12 from the floor and 8-9 at the free throw line. Hicks notched a double-double with 13 rebounds while also picking up one assist, two steals, and three blocks.
- Riley Robinson added 19 points on 8-14 from the floor and 3-6 from behind the arc. Robinson added seven rebounds and four assists.
- Bill Ruby tallied a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds while also notching four assists and two steals.
- Senior Eric Berry added 12 points while senior Mike Atkins added three rebounds and five assists.
- Amir Moss finished with 11 points off the bench while Alan Young added five points.
- Brendan Newcomb and Nicholas DePatsy each tallied 18 points for the Mariners. Newcomb finished 6-15 from behind the arc while DePatsy shot 6-15 from the floor to go along with eight rebounds and two assists.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Beavers shot 41.9% from the floor (31-74), 36.7% from three-point land and 92.3% at the free throw line (12-13). UMF added 49 rebounds, 18 assists, 11 steals and four blocks.
- The Mariners shot 38.7% from the floor (24-62), 40% from behind the arc (14-35) and 50% at the free throw line (3-6). Maine Maritime added 35 rebounds, 16 assists, and three steals.