Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington men's basketball team gets past New England College in thrilling fashion with a 74-65 victory in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) in Dearborn Gymnasium.
IN THE BOX
- Issac Witham led all scorers with 19 points after shooting 6-10 from the floor with six free throws. Witham added one rebound and four assists.
- Amir Moss got in on the action with 14 points with five assists while Milani Hicks finished with a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Bill Ruby added 17 points off the bench after shooting 7-8 from the floor and 3-3 from behind the arc.
- Izaiah Winston-Brooks held the top spot for the Pilgrims with 18 points after shooting 5-14 from the floor with three three-pointers.
- Ricky Leonard added 12 points while Kareem Octavien finished with 15 points.
BY THE NUMBERS
- UMF shot 61.7% from the floor (29-47), 60% from behind the arc (6-10) and 66.7% at the free throw line (10-15). The Beavers added 29 rebounds, 18 assists, 10 steals and one block while forcing 27 turnovers.
- The Pilgrims shot 41.1% (23-56), 38.5% from three-point land and 64.3% at the charity stripe. New England College notched 27 rebounds, 13 assists, 17 steals and one block while forcing 30 turnovers.
The Beavers will be back in action tomorrow with a 3:00 PM tip-off.
Photography: Jeff Lamb