Worcester, Mass. – UMaine-Farmington is edged by the Bulldogs of Dean College on Saturday afternoon in the Ted Coghlin Memorial Tournament by a score of 89-86 in the consolation game.
IN THE BOX
- Riley Robinson and Milani Hicks led the Beavers with 21 points each. Robinson shot 6-15 from the floor with two threes while going 7-11 at the charity stripe. Hicks shots 8-13 from the floor and one tree pointer while hitting all four free throws. Combined Hicks and Robinson had seven rebounds, five assists, two steals and a block.
- Issac Witham finished with 19 points after going 8-13 on the day with two threes and one free throw.
- Eric Berry finished with 10 points on 3-5 shooting with one three and 3-4 from the free throw line.
- Dayvon Russell led all scorers with 28 points on 8-20 from the floor, 4-10 from three-point land and 8-10 at the free throw line. Jordan Booker finished with 18 points while Randolf Thurman came in off the bench and finished with 12 points.
- Armani Baker added nine points and nine rebounds for the Bulldogs.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Bulldogs shot 49.2% from the floor on 30-61, 9-21 from the three-point line (42.9%) and shot 83.3% from the free throw line (20-24).
- The Beavers finished the day with 54.4% shooting (31-57), 54.5 from the three-point line (6-11) and 69.2% from the charity stripe.
- The Beavers tallied 30 rebounds, 14 assists, five steals and four blocks while the Bulldogs finished with 34 rebounds, 11 assists, six steals, and seven blocks.
The Beavers will host Saint Joseph's College on Tuesday for a 7:30 pm tip.