Worcester, Mass. – UMaine-Farmington lost to Worcester Polytechnic Institute in the opening game of the Ted Coghlin Memorial Tournament by a score of 96-62.
IN THE BOX
- Riley Robinson led all scorers with 26 points on 7-13 from the floor along with shooting 3-6 from three-point land.
- Milani Hicks added 17 points on 4-6 from the floor with 9-10 at the free throw line. Hicks added seven rebounds and three steals.
- John Williams added seven points off the bench after going perfect from the floor (2-2), 1-1 from three-point land and 2-2 at the free throw line.
- Jake Needleman scored 18 off the bench on 6 three-pointers.
- Garrett Stephenson scored eight points to go with eight rebounds while Dakota Wheeler scored nine points.
The Beavers will play the loser of Dean and Eastern Connecticut tomorrow at either 1 pm or 3 pm.