University of Maine at Farmington Athletics Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
"Doing great things by making good choices."
What is Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)?
Student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of University of Maine at Farmington student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and to offer input on the rules, regulations and polices that affect student-athletes' lives on campus.
What are the functions of SAAC?
- To promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes
- To disseminate information
- To provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues
- To generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies
- To build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams
- To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation
- To organize community service efforts
- To create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student senate)
- To promote a positive student-athlete image on campus