Mission Statement/Core Values
Consistent with the University of Maine Farmington’s mission and NCAA Division III philosophy, the Department of Athletics mission is to provide students with meaningful and positive experiences that are integral to their education through participation in varsity athletics.
Core Values: PRIDE
- Passion – We strive for excellence and seek intrinsic reward through participation in sport.
- Respect – We value inclusivity in our programs, equity, and diversity among all participants.
- Integrity – We demonstrate good character through sportsmanship, honesty, courage and compassion.
- Dedication – We expect commitment and accountability for year-round fitness, skill development and teamwork.
- Education – We commit to academic
excellence and holistic development through a balance of curricular
and co-curricular experiences that create leadership opportunities,
develop valuable life skills and instill an appreciation for
personal fitness and healthful living.
Secondarily, Athletics aims to have a positive impact on campus enrollment, promotion, student life, and community and alumni relations.